TURKEY TAIL known for its distinct appearance and potential health benefits. They have a unique fan-shaped or semicircular cap with concentric bands of different colors, resembling the tail feathers of a turkey. They are a source of various bioactive compounds, including polysaccharides (such as beta-glucans), proteins, phenols, flavonoids, and other antioxidants. They also contain minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Help enhance the activity of immune cells, improve immune response, and support overall immune function.
- Rich in antioxidants, including phenols and flavonoids. These compounds help combat oxidative stress caused by free radicals, which can damage cells and contribute to chronic diseases
- Act as a prebiotic, providing nourishment for beneficial gut bacteria.
- Stimulate the immune system’s response to cancer cells, and enhance the efficacy of certain cancer treatments.
- As part of a balanced diet may contribute to overall well-being due to their nutritional composition and potential health-promoting properties.