Reishi Mushroom Red REISHI (Ganoderma lucidum)
Reishi Mushroom is a medicinal mushroom that has been highly regarded in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine for centuries. Reishi mushrooms have a distinct appearance with a shiny, reddish-brown to dark brown, and varnished surface. It is low in calories and fat but rich in bioactive compounds that contribute to its health benefits. It contains a complex combination of polysaccharides, triterpenoids, peptides, sterols, and other bioactive substances. It is valued for its potential health-promoting properties, particularly its adaptogenic, immune-enhancing, and antioxidant effects.
- Helps the body adapt to stress and promotes overall well-being.
- Has been traditionally used for its immune-modulating effects.
- Contains powerful antioxidants that help combat free radicals and oxidative stress in the body.
- Have anticancer properties.
- Support cardiovascular health by promoting healthy blood circulation, reducing blood pressure, and lowering cholesterol levels.
- Have hepatoprotective properties, supporting liver health and aiding in detoxification processes.
- Substrate: reishi mushrooms grow best on hardwood sawdust or logs.
- Temperature: keep the substrate between 18-24°C (65-75°F) during colonization.
- Humidity: maintain high humidity levels of 85-95% during fruiting.
- Fresh air flow: provide good air flow to prevent contamination.
- Spawning: inoculate the substrate with spawn and wait 2-6 months for colonization.
- Lifting: harvest the mushrooms when the caps have flattened out and turned a reddish-brown color.